The Blue Sky Green Field Wind Project was successfully built despite harsh Wisconsin winter conditions. The project is located in the towns of Calumet and Marshfield in northeast Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin. The project was built using 88 Vestas V82 1.65-MW turbines and now supplies enough electricity to power approximately 38,100 homes annually.
PROJECT SCOPE OF WORK
- Engineering, procurement, and construction of civil and electrical system BOP
- Construction of 20 miles of access roads, 5 acres of laydown yard, 10,000 feet of directional boring, 250,000 feet of underground collector trenches
- Spread-footer foundations, poured in-place concrete construction with steel reinforcement
- 345 kV/34.5 kV substation and interconnection
- Construction of operations and maintenance building
- Fiber optics communication and SCADA network